Check .lt domain
The analysis of domain names conducted by the Internet Service Centre DOMREG at Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) shows that only 7% or approximately 2 000 out of 28 000 of the registered .lt domain names that could potentially have the equivalents with specific Lithuanian characters are spelled using the letters ė, ą, ę, į, ų, ū, č, š, ž of the Lithuanian alphabet. The remaining 93% of the registered .lt domain names are incorrectly spelled, i.e., written without any diacritical marks – dots, dashes, nasals or carons.
The Internet Service Centre DOMREG at Kaunas University of Technology (KTU), the registry of .lt top-level domain, informs that the number of domains has increased to 213 106 in 2020. In comparison to 2019, a 7.1% increase in .lt domain names is recorded. Last year, the Latvian national domain .lv has increased by 3.1 % and the Estonian .ee – by 7.4 %.
You cannot access a website or are redirected to the false bank website when trying to log onto your e-banking system? You may be facing cyber fraudsters. Which websites are more vulnerable and how to reduce the incurred financial losses?
The National Cyber Security Centre at the Ministry of National Defence (NCSC) cautions that with the growing number of the registered .lt domains in Lithuania (which has already exceeded 200 000), the number of the websites with security bugs and vulnerabilities is increasing.
The winner of the most beautiful Lithuanian domain name 2020 – the holder of the domain sukįkaimą.lt – Association “Suk į Kaimą” – was honoured in Biržai. The website presents the rural businesses of Biržai, Pasvalys and Rokiškis regions, helps to find the required services or products provided by the local farmers and craftsmen.