Check .lt domain
.lt domain turns 30! Moments from the event
Lithuanian national domain .lt turns 30 years old in 2022. Just as the University of Lithuania, founded in Kaunas in 1922, gave a boost to modern Lithuanian higher education institutions a century ago, the national .lt domain, established in 1992 and administered in Kaunas since 1994, has provided a solid foundation for the dynamic development of Lithuania’s digital economy. Now, the .lt domain is used by almost 225 thousand websites, e-shops, media portals and business and public information systems.
Video of the first part of the event (in Lithuanian):
Video of the second part of the event (in Lithuanian):
During the long 30-year period of the .lt domain’s operation, contacts have been established with international internet coordinating organisations, partners abroad and in Lithuania, and a whole team of creative scientists and specialists has contributed to the development of the .lt domain. The celebration of the birthday of the .lt domain is a great opportunity to remember and honour those who have worked to prove that the internet in Lithuania can be one of the fastest in the world and that the domain name system can have stable and uninterrupted operations.
The following organisations, scientists and former employees were honoured with silver medals of the Lithuanian national domain minted at the Lithuanian Mint, and the certificates of appreciation for their significant contribution to the development of the .lt domain, support and cooperation:
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ICANN
- The Lithuanian Research and Education Network LITNET
- The Council of European National Top-Level Domain Registries CENTR
- The Latvian National Domain Registry .lv (the Network Solutions Department of the Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Latvia (NIC.LV))
- The Estonian National Domain .ee Registry (the Estonian Internet Foundation)
- The Communications Regulatory Authority of the Republic of Lithuania
- The National Cyber Security Centre under the Ministry of National Defence
- The Localisation Section at the Lithuanian Computer Society (Honorary Head Gintautas Grigas)
- The State Commission of the Lithuanian Language
- The Institute of Data Science and Digital Technologies at Vilnius University, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics
- Association “Infobalt”
- The State Patent Bureau of the Republic of Lithuania
- Former long-time Head of the Internet Service Centre at Kaunas University of Technology Daiva Tamulionienė
- The pioneer of the Lithuanian internet, Academic, Professor Adolfas Laimutis Telksnys
- Former Head of KTU Computing Centre and Member of the Board of LITNET, Professor Aleksandras Targamadzė
- Former Head of KTU Computing Centre and IT Development Institute, Professor Rimantas Šeinauskas
- Former long-time Head of KTU Computer Network Centre and Head of LITNET Management Centre Dr. Rimantas Kavaliūnas
- Former employee of KTU Internet Service Centre, Lawyer Vladislavas Papu
- Long-time LITNET representative at Vilnius University Rimas Janušauskas
- Former long-time Chief Accountant of KTU Computing Centre and IT Development Institute Janina Michelbertienė
- Former Head of LITNET CERT Marius Urkis
- Long-time employee of LITNET CERT Milda Mimienė
Moments from the event:
All photos of the event (on Google Photos):
Photos by KTU photographer Justina Raugevičienė
Photos by dr. Saulius Maskeliūnas
The following persons were honoured with certificates of appreciation for their sincere support to the Lithuanian national domain, assistance and help:
- DNS infrastructure expert, one of 7 people in the world storing the DNSSEC root keys for DNS servers, Paul Kane
- Candidate for the position of the Deputy ITU Secretary-General Tomas Lamanauskas
- Former employees of KTU Internet Service Centre Angelė Duhavičienė and Julius Šiaulys.
- Current and former employees of KTU: Jonas Markauskas, Jolanta Totoraitienė, Dainora Muraškienė, Kazimieras Naruševičius, Antanas Sivickas, Rytis Indrašius, Jonas Blažys, Algis Zenkus, Arvydas Žiliukas, Raimondas Jakštas, Danutė Ambrazienė.
The following most active Lithuanian and foreign accredited .lt domain service providers were honoured at the event for their support of the Lithuanian national domain, constructive cooperation, high-quality service to .lt domain holders and their significant contribution to the development of the domain market, internet technologies and digital economy: UAB “Interneto vizija”, AB “Telia Lietuva”, Hosting Concepts B.V. d/b/a Registrar.eu, UAB “Bartus Pro”, UAB “Hostinger”, UAB “Baltnetos komunikacijos”, UAB “Universalūs sprendimai”, “NETIM”, CSC Corporate Domains Inc., INWX GmbH, Ascio Technologies Inc., Zone Media OÜ, EuroDNS S. A., “OVH”, UAB “Informacinės sistemos ir technologijos”, InterNetX GmbH, MarkMonitor Inc., Gytis Volungevičius company “Goriolus”, “Gandi SAS”.
The representatives of KTU Internet Service Centre, the National Cyber Security Centre under the Ministry of National Defence, the Communications Regulatory Authority and the State Patent Bureau gave presentations at the event.
Presentations of the event are available for download (in the Lithuanian language):
- .LT domain: 30 years of development. Head of KTU Internet Service Centre DOMREG Tomas Mackus
- Review and trends of cyber incidents. Head Ad Interim of the National Cyber Security Centre under the Ministry of National Defence Deividas Stumbras
- The activities of the internet hotline www.švarusinternetas.lt. Advisor at the Safer Internet Division of the Digital Services Department at the Communications Regulatory Authority Vilius Nakutis
- The relationship between trademarks and domains: what you should know before registering a domain. Director Ad Interim of the State Patent Bureau Lina Mickienė
- Presentation of the intellectual property website www.intelektinė.lt. Head Ad Interim of the Industrial Property Information Division at the State Patent Bureau Lukas Valentukevičius.
Published on 09-06-2022